
I know that it has been the theme to do your self portrait, but I'm not going to do it...yet. I'm not poetic or even know any poetry off the top of my head and really don't know how to express what I think my self portrait is. I know I am definitely my worst critic, but being away from family I am realizing that I need to discover who I really am. I know it sounds pretty sad, but I think it is true. I know I am a mom, but what else is there after that? A cranky old lady? A nice person who is easy going and is happy with what has to happen to get things done? I want to be the later, but am finding myself more often than not the cranky old lady. I know a lot of people up here, but I don't think they know ME. They just know the front I put on in public. I am one of those that just sits and listens to the testimonies, but don't want to be. I am trying to use Amy's word and "Pause" and listen instead of talking about myself all the time. I am grateful to the blogging world because it is helping me realize the things that I need to do to have internal peace. I don't like to be stressed all the time. Of course there is always the financial stress and school stress, but to be stressed about being happy, that's ridiculous. I hope I am making sense. So sorry if I stay away for too long. I will try and post even if it isn't poetic and meaningful. So for now this photo is what I want my self portrait to be.
3 comments:
I love reading your post. Don't worry about being poetic and whatever you post IS meaningful. I found that posting gets easier the more I do it. Love the pic!!!And your awesome, beautiful and a daughter of God.
I loved this because you are who you are, whether that's a poet or not, and I love it. I think everyone needs to embrace who they are and who they aren't, each person is unique and needs to realize that. If you haven't already, you must read Amy's self-portrait post, she has a quote there from C.S. Lewis, it's amazing. I think you need to print it up and put it on your wall, I did, and I love it.
I think that is a fantastic self protrait. By the way, which one are you? J/K. You are great Susan.
Try running on the treadmill. It is the most boring thing in the world, but I think it is the best. I prefer running outside, but that doesn't always work out.
Post a Comment