Friday, March 9, 2007

Spring


I cannot wait until Spring. I can't wait to play in dry grass and look and the pretty flowers. Both of these pics were taken last spring. The top one is at the Temple. Bethany could not resist smelling every flower she came upon and there were a lot. The bottom one is in my front yard. I love it and can't wait. This year will be more fun because Colten is old enough to play while I weed out the flower beds and plant a garden. Last year we only did sweet peas, but it was still fun. Trees covered in blossoms line the down town streets of Logan. As we drive the popcorn song is almost always sung as we drive down these streets. The air is clear and my morning walks with my friend start.
Just a little reminder, last spring was the first "Spring" that I have ever experienced with flowers that die in 100 degree weather. I will have to post a pic of the house as the different flowers bloom. The first ones are yellow and I always forget what they are called and then the tulips bloom. Last year it was fun to be surprised, but this year I will make some alteration to the flower bed. Some of them just get ugly and bushy and just don't look good after the first couple of months.
So whatever your spring might bring you, remember to enjoy it, because it is going to be hot soon.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I so envy you being able to live in a home and plant flowers in YOUR lawn. Someday I'll be in a house. I think gardening would be so much fun!

lexi said...

The only tulips I have in my front yard are made out of wood....haha. I can't wait until spring either although in Vegas Spring is short lasted.

Cozzette said...

The comment from Lexi is from me Cozzette. I didn't realize I was signed in under her name...oopsy

Cozzette said...

I know I am late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHANY!!!