Monday, March 19, 2007

Crushed Dreams


Yesterday my dream of winning a 2.5 million dollar home in Winter Park, Colorado died. For 1 1/2 months I entered to win the home of my dreams. I really, really, wanted this house and yes I did cry out of disappointment. I don't usually win contests. The only time I can remember winning a drawing is 2 work Christmas Parties ago. We got a gift card to Applebees. Too bad there are no Applebees in Logan so we had to use it in the couple of weeks that things weren't going to get to crazy before we moved. I don't have a lucky charm. I should probably get one so I can start winning stuff.



The only time that I had some sort of lucky anything was my JR. year in High School. I was on the volleyball team and would kiss the ball every time I served it. I know, I know. Who wants to kiss a ball that is smeared with whatever is on the floor and a slurry of sweat? That wasn't what was going through my mind as I kissed the ball to serve. I was just hoping that I would serve it over the net instead of into the net. You can't say gross when you had a 98% serving rate, right? Well now I can honestly say, GROSS!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! May be it was the cute boys watching, or the need to finally serve well, and I think it also distracted me from the pressure and trust me there were a lot of high pressure moments when the serve really counted.

So here's to St. Patrick's Day and Lucky Charms. I hope everyone had a great day and didn't get pinched too many times.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Okay, I posted a comment yesterday and it didn't show up! Anyway, I enjoyed your lucky charm, it grossed me out, can you imagine the amount of germs on that ball? Yuck! And I also mourned the loss of your dream home, I looked at it and it was gorgeous, I have a weakness for log cabins. But the good news is that you couldn't have afforded taxes on it anyway and would have had to give it up if you won it. So there's the glass half full, right?

Susan said...

That was the whole point of winning it. Vacation there once or twice and then sell it. That money was going to go to good use...Adam education, etc. Thanks for morning the loss though.