Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SPT - Earth Day

Ok I know it is Wednesday, but I guess you could say better late than never right? This topic seemed a little daunting to me until I started reading other posts. I'm not the greatest at recycling, but like Cozzette I do use a bagless vacuum. I have a blue garbage can, but usually use it for boxes. So wish me luck in starting to recycle more. (Sorry so short, the baby just woke up from his nap.)

6 comments:

Cozzette said...

I have been struck with the recycle bug now and I hope it lasts. I want to get new weather stripping for my doors, they say it helps conserve energy. I am also putting the 5 year light bulbs to the test and so far loved them. Little baby steps ya know? Good luck with it all!

Cozzette said...

In the previous comment my point was to help you with other ways to be enviromently friendly:) Don't know if I came across that way. Take care!

Susan said...

I hope my post didn't come across as thoughtless and reckless about recycling. There are other ways that I try to conserve and reuse, but a baby that I was watching today woke up and was crying instead of playing in the bed.

Don't worry I understood how you came across. I should try those 5 year light bulbs. Right now we have flourescents and they last longer than normal ones. Our house is next to a busy road so we get a lot of vibration. I am guessing that that is why we go through so many lightbulbs. Thank goodness for $0.72 pack lighbulbs at Walmart.

Cozzette said...

No, your post did not come across thoughtless and reckless at all :)

Megan said...

You two crack me up with your comments! I find you both very amusing.
I'm not very good at recycling at all, I need to be better. I just don't think about it, and I love to use paper towels, I need to get over that!

Susan said...

I'm with you on paper towels. That way I don't have a stinky rag kickin around.