Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Easter
This Easter I insisted on trying to make it a day that was different than every other Sunday. I made a ham dinner. My plan worked. Despite the nerves involved, everything went perfect. The oven's delay timer cooker thing worked while I was at church and cooked the ham to perfection. The rolls didn't go flat while they sat on the counter for 3 hours to rise (they were cold from being in the fridge over night). And the scalloped potatoes were yummy. Although Adam said that I didn't need to make a big fancy dinner, I needed to so that the day wouldn't end feeling like any other day. Maybe next year we will invite another family over so that there aren't so many left overs. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics. We had the video camera running, but forgot about pics so just imagine the yummiest ham with a cute little Bethany eating every bite in her beautiful twirly dress that she insisted that it fit so that we could buy it at DI (the best DI find ever). To change into play clothes was unthinkable. I am grateful for my family and I love them. All in all, Easter turned out great and I am pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad to hear you had a good Easter, it should never be like any other Sunday, I agree. I need to call you, sorry I haven't returned your call earlier. I've been in la la land for the last two days. I mean seriously, where has this week gone to?
I don't blame you. I totally intended to do the SPT, and was going to do it after the kids went to bed, but got caught up in the no kids quietness.
I am glad to hear you had a nice Easter! How long does Adam have to go with school?
He still has two more years. Yay!! At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel instead of the 30 year plan we had in AZ.
That's good, 2 years isn't to bad.
I think we must be related. I am not aware of any other Bourgeous in the northern Utah area that spell their name the same way we do. Do you know an Ordith Bourgeous or Virginia Bourgeous perhaps? Virginia was my grandmother, passed away a few years ago. My grandfather - Ordith Bourgeous is still in Syracuse, UT.
Post a Comment