Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Who would have thought...

When I was in high school I had a friend that wanted to go to BYU (she didn't). She would tell me that I would have to go and visit her. It was too cold and there was no way that I would come and visit. I was going to continue my 18 year pattern and stay in Arizona...forever because it was nice and warm. This is from a girl who would wear a sweater when it was 70 degrees outside, or inside for that matter.

So I ask, who would have thought 10 years ago that I would be sitting hear in Missouri wearing sandals as I take Bethany to school and it was probably 55 degrees outside? Don't forget I didn't have a sweater either. Who would have thought that I would move to Logan, UT, probably on of the coldest places in the US. I know I would not have even thought of it. Visiting, maybe, but living, never.

Who would have thought 10 years ago that the day would come that I would actually see an Amish horse and buggy going down the road? Not me, that's something you only see in the movies right.

Who would have thought the the road kill on the side of the road would be armadillos, raccoons, and possums (SO FAR, I hear turtles become pretty active in the spring.)? Not Me.
(I was on the way home from AZ in June for this one) Who would have thought that I would actually see a FLDS lady with the big hair and pioneer type dress? Once again, only something you see on the news.

All of these things that you can't ever imagine seeing, but you only read/hear about them so you know they exist, I have seen with my two eyes.

PRETTY CRAZY IF YOU ASK ME!!

5 comments:

Andrea and Blake said...

so funny, when I lived in Arkansas for a short 4 months I saw all that same stuff, but I would have to add frogs to the roadkill list - and they would make the highway so slick. yuck! anyway enjoy the GREEN surroundings and calm/peaceful way of life out there, much different than the city! hope you are adjusting well

Brenda said...

I remember going through Missouri and actually staying a few nights when I was on a road trip with my family. And I do remember seeing turtles all over the roads, it was so weird! It was the first and only place I've ever seen fireflies too, pretty cool stuff! I hope you guys are liking it there!! We were kinda hoping you guys would move back to AZ.

moi said...

You've seen more in your lifetime than I will ever see in 80 years! I hope that you like the new school and ward and neighborhood!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Susan!!! What are you doing in Missouri?! Your kids are precious, it looks like you're doing wonderful. I'm so excited I found your blog. Let me know what's new!

Ellsworth Family said...

Too funny Susan! And to think you were the one who swore never to even touch foot on cold ground! I still remember how adamant you were about never moving out of AZ, let alone to cold territory. It's funny how quick we can climatize though!
I hope you are all enjoying your new home! Let me know how everything is going with you and your family.
Love ya,
Kari