Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Worst Mother Ever!!!

Bethany finally lost her tooth last night after dinner. Ok so maybe Adam pulled it out for her. She was so brave and cute at the same time. You had to be there, it was pretty funny. Anyways... When I was little our family had a tooth pillow that the fallen out teeth could go so the tooth fairy didn't have to wake anyone up. Also with 8 kids who could blame her. Sometimes teeth were lost without ever being told about it. Around Christmas Bethany discovered that her tooth was loose. Barely loose. So after Christmas I thought it would be fun if we made a tooth pillow. It isn't very big. 3x3in with a little pocket on the front of it. So last night we carefully placed the tooth in the pocket and set it on her dresser (out of Emma's reach) and then at bed time we were going to move it down. Well at bed time I forgot to move it. Bethany remembered after I had put her to bed, but I still forgot until almost my bedtime. I remembered when I was in the bathroom, but by the time I was out, my mind had wandered someplace else.

This morning rolls around and when I wake up Bethany for school, it has still slipped my mind until Bethany pops up and looks under her pillow. I asked her where was the tooth pillow. She informed my that the tooth pillow does not go under her pillow. Feeling horrible by this point, I asked her where it was and it was at the foot of her bed...with the tooth still in it. I told her that the tooth fairy must not have been able to find her tooth and that today we will have to leave a note for her.

I know it doesn't sound that bad. But people it was her first tooth. I can understand forgetting about the 5th,6th,or even the 7th, but the 1st no way. There is way too excitement involved that it is just unspeakable. If you never want to talk to me again I understand. Don't worry tonight the tooth fairy will redeem herself.

6 comments:

Shumway Family said...

I remember one of Brigettes teeth took the tooth fairy about a week to remember, and that was after Brigette wrote her a note and taped it on her door!!!

Lorajean said...

oh so sad, you're still a good mom though!

n!c said...

oh man, this has happened to Megan before too. We ended up telling her that since her tooth came out late evening that her tooth probably didn't meet the deadline for the tooth fairy to be notified, so we said that the tooth fairy would probably be there the very next night. I felt so bad for forgetting. I will still be your friend : )

Amy said...

I looked at your title and thought "Oh, Susan wrote a post about ME!". Mental lapses are part of motherhood. And any mother who goes to lengths to make a special tooth pillow does NOT qualify for "worst mother ever"...that's above & beyond! So I guess the title IS mine.

Megan said...

Don't worry, it only gets worse as they loose more teeth, we seriously just has this exact incident this last week with Collin. Minus the tooth pillow, I'm not even that good.
By the way, are you guys moving back to Arizona this summer???

R said...

Susan-
It's me your long lost friend! I found your blog totally out of the blue. We're private so you'll have to email me if you want an invite
kyandrach@juno.com and it's rachelsbusylife.blogspot.com
what a small world!