Tuesday, September 9, 2008

DO YOU THINK IT'S BEEN LONG ENOUGH?

Time really has gotten away with me. So much that I have had a hard time wanting to blog because there has been so much that has happened that it is a little overwhelming and will take forever to add the pictures and everything. So instead hear is a quick review of the last month or so. Of course Adam is home now and we are so glad. The day he came home was fun. The kids had made some things because the next day it was going to be his birthday so we just celebrated it all in the same day. We had banners and giant cookie and birthday hats and water balloons. As Adam got out of the truck the fight began. It was a fun day that I hope the kids always remember. Well, Bethany at least will. The next couple of weeks I finished the last dress (progress slowed down half way through the second dress) and started making preparations for our trip to AZ and for school to start. Adam's sister got married and it was so fun to go and visit with both sides of the family. One of the days there I spent the day with my sisters and Mom. It was fun to just be silly with them. After we got home, Bethany had different back to school stuff. And finally school started for both Adam and Bethany. Bethany really likes school and was a little bummed out the first couple of days when it was time to go home. (She only has half day) With all of these events you have to include a baby that isn't sleeping as much as she used to, but still creating as much laundry and spit up messes as she did before only now the mess is on the floor and not on me...some of the time. If you have a stomach left after having kids don't read this next part. I have to include this story because it is really gross.

On Sundays I get myself ready except I wait until the last minute to put my dress on. You know, because of the spit up. Well on this day I did the same as I always do and thank goodness because on this day I really wasn't spit up on before church or even at church. It came during the first hour. Emma was sitting on my laugh and started tooting. I thought no big deal she's been tooting without leaving a surprise in her diaper for me. So I paid to attention to it until my lap started to feel wet. Yep you guessed it. She pooped on my lap...A LOT!!! It was runny poop to and Adam grabbed the spit rag just in time to catch it before it ran onto the floor or bench. That day I had to go home and change. Emma somehow managed to only get a little bit of poop on her bloomers. So what do I do if I have to change into a third church outfit. Hopefully I never have to find out.

Bethany really likes school, but had to miss all of last week because she was sick and had a fever that just would not go away. She was oddly excited to get to do a urine sample. When the doc suggested her eyes lit up. Back when I was pregnant and had my multiple baby appt. she would always ask what I did at the doctors office and I didn't mention the pee in a cup part she would ask if I did that too. So weird. Well I think that brings to this week which no disasters have happened except for the laundry still needing to be put away and the kitchen a mess. Yep Amanda, I didn't put laundry away. I blogged instead. I guess the laundry will have to wait since Megan is sending threatening messages. :)

8 comments:

Nettie said...

It was so fun seeing you and Adam and the kids! I didn't know you made those dresses! I should have, though. They were darling.

Emma is still spitting up?? The formula thing didn't last? Bummer. It's funny to call it "spitting up"...it certainly isn't spitting...more like spewing. But we love her. What a sweet baby. You're a better woman than I. I would not have "changed" church clothes. I would have put on jammies and called it a day.

I'm so glad that Bethany likes school. I thought it might be a bit overwhelming for her at first, because she's a bit shy. Did you take pictures their her first day?

Well, I love and miss you. Can't wait til you're here for good!

Sharen said...

Hey Susan I had a blast when you came down. I'll never forget holding Emma on my lap and thinking her poop was spit up. That was the funniest thing.

Megan said...

Thanks for the update. I didn't think a phone call from me would be threatening, you little nerd!!
And I empathize with the puking, Talin was a horrible spitter. Trust me, it does end, there is light at the end of your puking tunnel.

Sharen said...

I deleted my blog because it was giving me computar problems. I'm sorry, but I had a blast blogging. I'll still respond to your blogs. I enjoy reading them. Have fun!!!

Shumway Family said...

Susan, I've been blog surfing and found your's and Elizabeth's blogs. What great moms you both are.

annalee

Katie said...

Hey Susan, post something. What are you busy or something?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Just want to peek in and say HI! Hope you're doing well. Miss you blogging!

Megan said...

Okay Susan, two months!!! Come on, I think I've forgotten what your kids look like. Are you alive???!?!