Adam's brother Layne helped Colten make some pizza for lunch while I was out getting groceries.
Emma just waking up from her nap at the end of June.
At the beginning of the month Colten got a big boy bike. He was so excited to be able to go as fast as his big sister.

July 4th...
On this day we went to LAGOON. That was a lot of fun. More fun for the older kids. Colten had a hard time getting used to the idea of being spun around and swung back and forth and all other sorts of directions. I couldn't help but laugh at some of his reactions. Colten favorite ride was the bumper cars and Bethany loves the Merry-go-Round. Emma just enjoyed having blow out after blow out. Not fun!!! At the end of the night there was a little fire works show. I enjoyed watching Bethany as she watched the show. She was a statue. I was so sweet and I did start crying when I began to think how much she has grown up. Just a couple of years ago she would cry because the fire works were too loud.
This was the first ride for Colten so he was a little nervous.


The three stooges: Bethany, Delanie, and Colten. These three hung out most of the day. They were so cute to watch.
Watching the fire works show.
After the show was over we drove to North Ogden to spend the night because the next day was a family reunion and it didn't make any sense to drive to Logan and back the next morning.
July 5th...
On this day was the Gale family reunion (Adam's grandma and siblings). I got to meet a whole lot of people that I didn't know and the kids had a lot of fun. The biggest hit was the swing.

Colten couldn't quit figure out how to stay on the swing so he settled for the toy cell phone, that some how ended up in the back of my car. Hmmm.
This is where Bethany spent most of the day.
My kids don't warm up to animals very quickly. It takes them a second, ok maybe 1000 seconds, before they realize that this new animal is not going to hurt them. At the house that we slept at, and had the reunion at, there were 3 dogs. A small, medium, and large dog. Anyways, at lunch time I didn't see that there was a dog outside (the medium one) so I sat the kids on the grass to eat there lunch. While I was getting a plate of food for Colten, the dog came over and stole Bethany's chicken leg right out of her hand. So next time she sees a new dog, it won't take 1000 seconds to like the dog, it will take 2000 seconds.
I like family reunions, so I enjoyed hearing all of the "Remember When" stories.
When we got home this is how we all felt, but only Colten was able to crash in the car. I mean come on, if it was me that crashed in the car, I would have crashed the car. We were exhausted to say the least.
Bethany thought it would be funny to try on Grandma's wig.
July 6th...
On this day we did our own little fire works in the yard. The kids kept busy with little poppers while the really fun ones were getting set up.

July 7th...
On this day we drove around Idaho to a few cool sites...
Alright, so these pictures weren't taken in Idaho, but they were taken at Adam's great Uncle Sterling's home. He is who took up to see the sites. It was fun.
First we stopped at an elk farm. There were at least 100 elk on this farm.

Then we stopped at Pres. Benson grave site.
(L-R Bethany, Delanie, Banner, Layne, Braxton, Miaya)

Then we stopped at the river. The water was run off from a glacier and it was so cold it hurt.

Grandma was a big help and held Emma after I cleaned up yet another blow out. (Why does poop have to exist. I'm just saying.)
Everyone left on the 8th, but on the 19th we went to Temple Square and met up with another aunt and enjoyed the afternoon with her.
As you can see the month has been crazy and to top it all off, I have been busy sewing three of these dresses for Danya's wedding. The girls will look so cute in these dresses and will feel so special to be wearing the same thing. I can hear Colten now..."twins!" If anything is the same, he calls it twins.
Thank you to everyone who would check on me to make sure I was surviving without a husband. Having family here really helped make time fly.
13 comments:
You guys have been busy. Fun pictures.
My question isn't so much why poop exists. But, why do things have to come out both ends. Goodness, pick one and stick with it!!!
I love this, Susan! I loved the secret identity of the other aunt, too. You're so sensitive and cool. I just love you. I'll get the other picture's done soon and send them. I'm so glad Adam is coming home soon. I'll bet you're excited! See you in August!
Glad to see you are still posting amoung all the activities! Bethany look so much like you it's silly. Miss you! Hope you hang in there kiddo!
Hey I'm glad you found my blog. Your family is cute. It's good to be able to catch up and see how everyone is doing.
Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what you guys were up to this summer. Are you getting excited for Adam to come home, or is he already home?
Anyway, we miss you guys!
What a busy summer! You are so talented to sew like that. Such a cute dress!
I'm so glad I found your blog! Your kids are getting so so big. So why is Adam gone? And you guys are coming down for Danya's wedding? Looks like your family has been busy busy busy....
Susan, oh what a fun summer I've missed! I'm so glad that you and the kiddos survived all of these fun events this summer. I know you made some fun memoriesin addition to the cute dresses. You probably would do it all again if you could-ok the blowouts, not so much...
I am one of Adam's former mission companions. It looks like you guys have a wonderful family! I hope you all are doing well... I'd love to catch up with Adam sometime.
-Ben Dolezal
Your kids are so cute!!
love ya !!!
Okay woman, it's time to start blogging again!! I might just have to break down and call you to find out what's going on!
Hey! Wow - your family is so cute. I can't believe you have a five year old! I miss track practice. You were an awesome hurdler! Now, all I do is run around after my boys. Utah? I didn't know you were up there. I'm new to the blogging thing but keep it up so I can check up on ya. :) Love ya, Rachelle
Post a Comment