Today was my 37 week appt. and things are measuring out pretty good. It looks like I will be be able to be induced on the 22nd if I haven't gone into labor already. Yay!! The waiting is killing me and it doesn't help matters at all that Adam's sister had her baby yesterday. It makes me more anxious to have mine. Adam thinks that I've been nesting. I think I'm in denial. Is it nesting if you just can't stand all of the little messes that have slowly built up anymore? The kids tell me, "Whoa!" more often than they used to. The heart burn is enough to want to kill. The hip pain is no fun, but I guess it will all be worth in a couple of short weeks. The kids have enjoyed getting all the baby equipment ready for their sister. Colten especially loves trying the different things out.
On a different note. We have gotten a lot of snow. Thanks goodness for garages and 4 wheel drive. That means the snow doesn't have to be shoveled everyday and I don't slip on the ice. The kids like playing in the snow and building snow castles with their sand buckets. It is funny watch Colten because his snow gloves are mittens and he can't really bend his fingures. Instead he uses two hand to hold the shovel. Bethany likes to climb the tall piles of snow and scream, "I am queen of the world."
Also, I can't wait until we are done getting sick. Since Jan 1st, we have be plagued with the stomach flu, agan, and 2 rounds of colds. Colten also had an ear infection, again, because his tubes were clogged. At his year appt, after getting his tubes, the doc discovered that they had pretty much fallen out and were just sitting in his ears. So now his tubes are gone and the doc said that he will put new ones in if he gets another ear infection. Colten doesn't get multiple ear infections, he gets one that antibiotics won't get rid of. At least that is what happened last time around.
I think that is just about it for us for the last couple of weeks.
6 comments:
Man, the last few weeks of pregnancy sound like a killer. I can't wait til Emma is here and you feel better. Also, you'll have a perfect excuse to let all other responsibilities stand off to the side, while you rock your newborn and tend to your toddlers.
Okay, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's body is falling apart during pregnancy. This one has been a killer! And the 22nd is going to come so quick, I can hardly believe it! Be sure you update us with baby pictures as soon as she's here!
That was me (Megan) commenting, not Tom, didn't want you to be confused.
I was wondering why Tom was pregnant and why his body was falling apart. Hasn't baby #3 been harder for you. It has for me.
Lucky you...a whole week early! I think that I will be going overdue. There are no signs of labor yet, and they can't induce a VBAC, so I am in for the "long run". Talk to you later!!
I guess I'm glad to live in AZ when I hear about how often people living in cold places get sick. Or maybe it's just my kids have insane immune systems (knock on wood).
I can't wait to see your new little one. Good luck on the 22nd. I'm starting to get uncomfy and anxious as well. My hip/lower back connections don't seem to connect well and hurt most of the times when I'm walking. Ugh - the joys of pregnancy -- good thing it's worth it in the end, right?
Post a Comment