Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Up!! Up!!"

Last night Colten woke up crying at 2am crying. I could not figure out what the matter was, but managed to calm him enough to get him to lay back down. A few minutes later he was crying again in my room with his pillow and blankie. I finally caught the word Mickey in the middle of his angry crying. He must have had a dream about Mickey and wanted to watch cartoons on my bedroom floor. I explained to him that he had to wait until the sun came up before he could watch cartoons. Well, he kept forgetting that little detail and continued waking up every 15 min, or less, usually at the same moment I was falling back to sleep. Each time I would remind him that he had to wait until the sun was up and finally after the 3rd or 4th time he finally agreed and went back to sleep...until about 7:40 this morning. He came running into my room with his pillow and blankie saying, "Up!! Up!!" (The sun is up) He remembered that when the sun came up he could watch Mickey which isn't even on until 9:30am. His excitment was really cute this morning, but not last night.
Hopefully there isn't a repeat of last night, tonight.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Ahhh, that reminds me so much of Adam!!! That's one of our favorite stories. We were either watching Adam while his parents were out of town, or they were living with us for a short time, I can't remember. But, he wanted grandma to do something for him in the middle of the night (I think he wanted breakfast) and gramdma told him that she would help him when the sun was up. Early that morning, he bounced onto her bed and shook her gently and in such a sweet little voice said, "Sun's up, frama, get up, the sun's up!" He started a lot of his words with the letter F. We had to be careful about who was around for some of his vocabulary. He was the cutes boy, EVER! I think it's so great that his son is like him. He missed out on how cute he was, but now he gets to see it in Colten.

Susan said...

Colten did it again this morning at about 5:40. I only needed to tell him once this time. Thank goodness!! Sure enough a couple of hours later he was telling me, Up again.

Mandi said...

I hate it when they get night and day confused! I'm sure you weren't appreciative as you need to get as many good night rests as you can before having that baby.

Megan said...

What is up with the night/day confusion, I have yet to run into that, we sleep in this house. And you are a patient mommy, I would have lost it by the second time!