Today you turn four and you are so excited. So excited that your next birthday you will be 1-2-3-4-5. You love your family and you always tell them. Even at silly times. You have mastered the use of a hug and how it will get you out of trouble. You have to get in trouble. You don't react with anger. You react so sad. It makes me so sad when you are sad and so I hate to punish you, but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. Obey next time right. You love cars, super heroes and everything boy. It makes Bethany so upset when you play dress up with her just to end up pretending like you are any of the Star Wars characters. Your favorite color is never what anyone guesses. If I say it is red, then you will say it is blue. If I say it is blue, you will say it is red. This is true about any colors. There are even days when your favorite color is pink or purple. Your eyes are very interesting. I love them. They used to be blue. Oh they would melt hearts, they still do. Now your eyes are green. I wonder if they will change again. When you were about 2 1/2 they change suddenly. So strange and unexplainable. When you and your sisters go to bed, you are always the first to fall asleep. Sometime you get caught up in the silliness the Emma and Bethany play, but after a couple of hollers from me, you stop and go sleep. Even while your sisters keep playing. You will always be what Bethany calls "girl trapped" (when a boy is surrounded by a girl on both sides). You love your sisters and they love you. You are also the best helper to me. After we drop Bethany off as school I give you a list of the things that need to be done before we go exercise and you are always excited and ask me what you can help with or tell me what you will do. About a month ago, or two now, I had a ton of back pain. You were the greatest helper. You pretty much did all the laundry by yourself. The only thing I did was dispense the laundry soap, reach into the washer, and start the machines. You did everything else, with excitement. You sorted, handed me clothes to put into the washer, put the clothes into the dryer and even pushed the baskets full of laundry into the bedroom to be folded on a much later day. Everything I asked you did it. Thank you. You may not be able to read this now, but you will one day. I know because Bethany can read so well. She loves to read to you and you love being read to. I can't wait to see how many things you will learn before you turn 5. I bet you will be the best 5 year old boy ever.
I love you so much buddy. Just promise me you will never grow up. Remember you promised to obey.
1 comment:
That is so touching!
Post a Comment