Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cute Kids!!

Bethany, Colten, and Emma are the cutest kids on the planet.

Bethany says: "Tomorrow is a very special day." I couldn't think of anything special happening on Monday so I asked why it was special. She said, "DADDY'S COMING HOME!" Sadly I had to let her know that Dad wasn't coming home for a lot more days.

Usually at breakfast lunch or dinner the kids find it funny to pretend to be another person in the family. A while back, Colten chose to be me. He said, "Me, mommy" and then thought a little bit then pointed to me and said, "Obey" in the best mommy voice he could manage. It was cute.

Emma loves to be talked to. She now gets a bath in the normal bath tub and she loves it. She kicks and kicks and thinks that it is the greatest thing. I keep her in their as long as she can stand it. Usually her chin will start shivering, but she still is laughing and cooing. So sweet.

Hopscotch is a favorite game among my kids. Our first winter in UT we were starting to go crazy. Colten couldn't walk yet and I didn't want to hold him so instead we played inside. I got the masking tape and made a hopscotch course on the carpet. Ever since then, Bethany will make her own with chalk and let me tell you, she makes very long courses that make me tired. Now Colten makes his own and I'm sure that before long Emma will too.

Bethany is a wonderful helper and often times I find myself asking her to do multiple tasks in a row. When I do this I tease and start calling for "Cinderella" and soon we all break into song. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly..." It always makes us all laugh.

Emma spits up. I mean she really does...A LOT!! It really isn't to much fun to have to clean it up all day, but sometimes she spits up just because you look at her and it gets her excited. It cracks me up.

Emma sucks her thumb. It is just too cute to describe.

Colten has been cursed with ear infections and they still bother him on occasion. When they are not bothering him any more he calls them "Happy Ears"

I love my kids and I am lucky that they have adjusted to well to all the changes that have happened in the last few months. The only glint of jealousy that I have heard from my kids is when Colten wants me to put Emma down to help him put his underwear on with two hands. (He can put them on my himself he just likes help.)

3 comments:

Megan said...

So cute, it's fun to hear everything they're doing, especially since I haven't seen them in so long!
And glad you're all hanging in their without Adam, hopefully it will go by quickly!

Carl and Amber said...

That's crazy that Emma spits up so much! Logan does the exact same thing. Poor Carl was spit up on four times during Sacrament meeting on Sunday. I hope that solids in a few months will decrease his output!!

Nettie said...

I loved loved loved this!!!