Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday and Mother's Day!!

You know your getting old when you need two boxes of candles to total the right amount (26).I had a wonderful day. Adam and the kids were so sweet and made sure that I had an easy day. I am the luckiest woman in the world. I have three wonderful kids and a great husband who loves me and treats me with respect. They gave me a wonderful birthday and I suspect that Sunday will be just as great. First there is Bethany who says Mom, like she is going to ask a question, and then she answers her question in her head so she just says, I love you Mom!! Then there is Colten. He will run to me when I ask him to eat, or go potty or pick up a toy or..., just to give me a hug. He is so sweet. And Emma falls asleep cuddling and smiles at me and makes my heart melt. Of course you can't forget about Adam and you all know how he shows his love. I am only allowed to say that he teases me because he loves me. I cannot say that he rubs my shoulders and cleans the kitchen and vacuums the living room when he can see that I have had enough, or when he rubs my feet or when he simply tells me he loves me. All of that would ruin his reputation. Aren't I lucky to have a family that loves me so much?

7 comments:

Lorajean said...

Happy birthday! :):)

Megan said...

You are lucky. Glad you had a great birthday and I hope your mother's day is just as fabulous!

Tom said...

You know your getting old when your little sister starts getting old. I am sorry I forgot about your birthday. Adam must be an amazing baker to make that cake.

Susan said...

No Adam did not make the cake. I did, but I told him not to because I wanted to make this cake. I only needed a reason. Thanks it was really yummy!!

Nettie said...

Mmmm, this looks DELICIOUS! Just looking at it made my mouth water. I'm so glad that you had a good week! You deserve the best.

Mortensen Family said...

Hi Susan! This is Fawn. I have a blog too. Stop by and say hello when you have a minute!

dustyperle said...

What a beautiful cake. And last I checked I think candles come in boxes of 25 so to have one more candle than the box offers really isn't that bad. But I know how you feel, time sure does fly but it's nice to have such wonderful people around. Sounds like you really have got it good. It's amazing how living correct principles does make your life better than you can imagine. Here's to your belated happy birthday.