Chris Eckerson is finally home.
He married Adam's sister and we are so glad that he is safe on American soil after 18 month in Afghanistan. He really has been watched over. Channel 3 did a little spot light on his family. Most of it is true. The only part that isn't I am most grateful for. This isn't the first time to see Satchel, his son, he was able to get leave back in August to bless him. While he was home a hummer, that he should have been in, was blown up by an IED killing 2 guys in the hummer. Katie and Chris have been blessed these last few months and we are grateful that he is home for a long time. We love you Chris!!
3 comments:
Wow, it's a small world! Katie is the Primary chorister in our ward. I'll have to talk to her tomorrow. When I told Nate -- he was like -- oh yeah, she totally looks like Adam. How funny. I am glad that he's home safe. The news clip made me tear up.
She was totally making the connection the other day also. She asked if the Mandi on my blog was the Mandi that spoke in her ward. Too funny. The clip made me tear up also.
How sweet is that. My family has been praying for the soldiers and for Chris. Adam's parents are awesome. His dad couldn't have said it better. If only the world could value peace and human life. I'm so grateful for men like Chris who serve and protect our country and our freedom. Thanks for posting these news stories on your blog!
Post a Comment