Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween Fun!!

I was going to post fun pictures of the kids in their costumes, but for some reason after 3 tries I can't do it. My computer either freezes up or blogspot can't load them. It is making me crazy so I will just have to tell you about the night. Finally, after trying all day, I am able to posts pics. I hope it was worth the wait!

Bethany was Ariel and she felt so lucky because she got to wear Mommy make-up. It is too cold to just wear costumes after the sun goes down so we layered and put coats on and then we set out on foot.
(He had a had a bandana with cute dreadlocks attached, but wouldn't wear it for the pics)
Colten, who was dressed as a Pirate, was confused by the end of the night because most people would let the kids pick their own candy (why do they do that) and if they didn't Colten would freak out wanting to grab out of the person's bowl. Now, when we pretend to trick-or-treat at home, Bethany asks, "what candy would you like." We started at about 7pm and as we got closer to the 8 o'clock hour Colten couldn't stand to stand anymore so Adam carried him and his heavy bag. Good thing we were only a few houses away from home.



We finally got around to carving the pumpkins on Halloween day. It was quite interesting. Bethany drew the faces, Colten make his mark on the pumkins, and Adam got the drill out and went to work. Our knives are not the greatest and it was taking too long to cut them so he used the drill. I thought it was a good idea, even though I have to clean pumpkin slime off the walls and make sure there wasn't any in my hair (I was sitting right next to Adam). The clean up was fast, thanks to a giant roll of paper, and the kids had a blast.



I hope everyone else has a great Halloween so now it is time to gear up for Thanksgiving, or is it Christmas. You would never be able to tell if you walked in the the stores.


Did someone cancel Thanksgiving and forget to tell me?

7 comments:

Mandi said...

I hope you can get those pictures up, I'd love to see them. That's hilarious about the drilling of the pumpkins. And yes, I agree -- why does Thanksgiving get completely skipped? I was watching tv last night and all the commercials seemed to be holiday shopping ones! And then there's the stores. . .

Megan said...

I'm a Christmas advocate here, why doesn't Thanksgiving find a new month? It's getting no recognition being in November and seems to be an overcrowding of Holidays, August is open.
Also, keep trying with the pics, I'd love to see them.
And something funny, Talin just walked in and looked at your picture on your blog and said, "You look pretty mom", "that's not me, that's Aunt Susuan", "Oh, she's pretty". So that should make your day! Five year olds DON'T lie. :)

Susan said...

That did make my day. This picture on my blog is one of my recent favorites. It doesn't add 20 lbs because you can't see my chin and my eyes just look cool to me. Thanks Talin, but Megan I have to say that in your pics with Mandi, I almost didn't recognize you. Pregnancy does you well!!

Cozzette said...

The kids looked great! I think the holiday displays get put out earlier and earlier each year. Pretty soon we will see Christmas stuff in June.

Megan said...

Glad I checked back in for the pictures. The kids look so cute in their costumes!

Amy said...

The kids do look cute in their costumes. And Megan's comment about Thanksgiving finding a new month...oh my! Is she really my sister??!!! :)

Megan said...

Okay, I'm demanding an update on your life!