Finally it is done. This is a cross-stitch project that I started back when I was a Beehive or a MiaMaid. I started it as one of my young women's projects and got to where it looked done, but it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago. It feels good to have that project done. :)
This is a blanket that I started at the beginning of last year and it isn't quite done yet, but it is on the last step, cutting off the extra batting and sewing the edges. Yay!!!
My time has also been spent teaching Bethany how to sew. The Eeyore pillow was sewn entirely by Bethany. It is almost done and Bethany tells me that she will finish it one day. The frog pillow is one of three that I made for the other kids that I watch. They nap on the floor and needed something for their heads.
We had a fun adventure riding the city bus. We went to the library and to the store with our friends Alyssia...
...Valerie and Halie. (Sorry Valerie if I spelled any names wrong) Valerie and her children are our new friends that we met at church. They just moved back to the ward. Both Valerie and her husband grew up in this ward and I am so glad that they moved back because Valerie is so much fun to hang out with. And our kids are the same age. If I had participated in last weeks SPT, this is who would it had been about. Oh and this trip was fun, but everyone was tired by the time we got home.
Colten was also invited to his first birthday party. The kids did things like break the pinata, pin the tail on the donkey (or side of the donkey depending on if you understood the concept) and pop the balloon. If was fun to play with more of our friends.
Last, but not least, the Xbox has had the dust cleaned of and games or being played again. The kids can't really play, they just pretend and think that they are playing, but it is fun anyways. It was cute seeing all three of the people I love playing, or pretending, to play a racing game and go fast.
P.S. I also have been reading a couple of books.
6 comments:
Wow, I can't believe Bethany sewed that pillow! I would love to learn how to sew, but it scares me. I think my mom's intense dislike for sewing affected all of us girls in the fam. Too bad you live so far away or you could teach me.
This project was super easy. All the holes were punched and the needle was plastic. I would love to teach you, if you lived closer of course.
Sounds like you've been busy. I've missed you! Glad to see your back to the blog world :)
I remember when you started the "make a wish" cross-stitch project. I know you spent countless hours working on it. It looks great!! Good job.
Thanks Sharen. Keep posting comments. I like hearing from my sister too and not just the in-laws. No offense you guys.
Hey Susan,
I can also remember when you started your cross stitch project. Good going! I can't even count the unfinished projects that I have floating around my house. It drives Josh crazy! He keeps asking me if I'm ever going to start working on a music quilt that I started a few years ago. Every time I make a new quilt (which is pretty often), he suggests that I finish the quilts I haven't finished yet (which is now up to 3 unfinished quilts, including Jonathan's and now Kaylee's baby quilt). Sorry it's taken so long to post!
Post a Comment