Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yay!!


Colten did it. He stayed and he was happy. Of course there was a few minutes of unhappiness, but eventually he stayed without Mommy or Daddy. Yay!!!! If you don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about Colten staying in nursery all by himself. Last week was his official 18 month week, but it didn't go so well. Now he is almost an old pro at it. Wow!! Why couldn't it have been this easy with Bethany. She wouldn't go without crying until after Colten was born. Just so you know that is over 1 year of crying. Bethany would even cry before she was 18 months while Adam and I were nursery teachers. So I just have to say that I am so proud of my little man. To look through the nursery door window and see a huge smile on his face instead of tear streaked cheeks. If was a relief to know that things were OK and I didn't have to worry so much. Good Job Colten!!

(Colten is checking out the ink on his foot that is leftover from his 18 month well child visit. He didn't even flinch when he got his shots.)

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is such a milestone when your child will stay in nursery. We were lucky and never had any trouble with the boys, I think they were secretly thrilled to get away from me for a few hours! Don't feel sorry for me, the feeling was mutual.

Susan said...

HaHaHa!!!

Mandi said...

Lovely. The only time I had problems was when they tried to separate the nurseries into younger/older and the girlies had to go to separate nurseries. Finally, the teachers just let London go with the older kids. Then when Savy went to Sunbeams this year it was hard, but London's tough and made it. Isn't it lovely when they're finally 18 months? I had London when Savy was still 15 months and thank goodness for Cyndee whose church ended just after our sacrament and so she'd take Savy home for two hours and it was nice to not have a newborn AND a 15 month old!

Cozzette said...

I haven't had the oppurtunity to deal with that since I joined the church when Lex and Cale were 9 and 6 but now I have Preston. I hope he is like Colten.