This Sunday was filled with a slurry of emotions. I was not able to spend time with my mother, but I did get to talk on the phone about all that is going on. I have been lucky enough to be raised by a women who loves me and only wants the best for me.
From birth... 

...until I was married...

...she taught me all that she knew. From the importance of saving for a rainy day to how to be patient. Only this women could help with three receptions and/or luncheons in less than a year without looking totally stressed out. She is very unselfish and never want to hurt someone's feelings. She once bought a flute from a yard sale in hopes that one of her children would learn how to play it. Well, that child was me. I probably would not have played the flute so early if we didn't already have one. She also started me out on the piano. She showed me where middle C was on the piano and showed me what it looked like on the music. (I insisted on learning the rest on my own) My Mom has been a heck of a Mom for the challenges that she had been faced with. She master the art of juggling work and 8 kids with 8 different activities.
Back: Karen, Gr. Hurst (dad's grandma) Gr. Chambers (dad's mom) Kraig, Andy Front: Elias, Susan, Kevin, Thomas, Sharen (there are two more not born yet. Elizabeth and Douglas)
I need to take some of her characteristics and apply them to my life. The sound of my mom often rings in my ears when I am being a mother, but that is OK. I love my mom and will be eternally grateful for everything she had done for me and the rest of my brothers and sisters. Thanks you just isn't enough, but I think she will know how I feel. I love you Mom!
5 comments:
Such a sweet tribute to your mom, she really is a wonderful person.
And I love your wedding picture, you look fabulous!
Lovely Spt post. Will your mom see it? Very sweet :)-Janae
I saw your mom on Sunday when we went to Cyndee's ward & was seriously sitting there thinking that she has got to be one of the most humble, sweet people I've ever met. You have a fantastic family!
Thank You Amy!! Unfortunately, my mother will not see this unless she views it from someone else's computer. She is too honest to use her work computer, which she sits in front of all day, to do personal things and she doesn't have the internet at home. That will be her next 21 century upgrade...maybe!!!
Love the post. You look absolutely beautiful in your wedding pic and I love your mom. She has got to be one of the most sweetest people. And she did an awesome job raising her kids.<3 (that is suppose to be a heart)
Post a Comment