Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Sunbeam






So it happened. Bethany is now a Sunbeam. She loves it. I am so surprised at how well she did. I was surprised at how well I did. I loved her nursery teacher and am nervous at how Bethany will do with her new teachers. She doesn't do very well with new people and on Sunday she had a substitute who happened to be her friends Mom so she knew who she was which won't be the case next Sunday. She is so cute though. She prances around the house singing "A sunbeam, a sunbeam, a sunbeam...". She doesn't know the rest of the words very good so that is all she sings unless she has help. I am so proud of her though. I am a primary teacher in the Senior primary so I get to see her when the whole primary is together. She was more reverent than the 11 year olds. She is such a sweet girl and has a tender heart. My little girl is growing up.

3 comments:

Cozzette said...

Before you know it she will be in elementary. Alexis starts junior high next year.Yikes! Time goes by so fast when you have kids. Hope your transition is as easy next Sunday. Bethany is so cute. She must like having her picture taken she is quite the poser.

Megan said...

It's crazy how quick our kids are growing up! It seems like you just had her. Collin started sunbeams as well last Sunday, but he's not nearly as good as he probably should be. He is known in our ward as one of the more difficult or hyper children. I'm in the senior primary too, I teach Valiant 12, what do you teach? Anyway, that wasn't much of a blessing because waiting out in the hall to switch the Primary I got to witness Collin throw a huge tantrum about going to his class after sharing time. So then I had to drag him down the hall to his classroom, he screamed and yelled at me, but I closed the door on him and told the teacher to come and get me if his fit continued. Are you sure you don't want to switch our little sunbeams? I could have Collin on a plane tomorrow! Ha ha!!

Susan said...

I don't think I want to switch. Bethany is just barely going to class without crying. I think the only reason why she sits still is because she is nervous. Give her a couple of weeks. If you lived across the street maybe I would switch for the day, but not for a long time. Admit it Megan you would miss Collin too much.