Ever since I read Megan's 100 things about me I have been thinking about stuff that would be interesting about me, but since I have been formally invited by Amy I guess I can't prolong the inevitable any more.
1.I have lived in more places (states and cities) in my 6 years of marriage than in my 18 (almost 19) years of being single. Translation: Yep my parents have lived in the same house for 30 years.
2.I have only colored my hair 2 times in my life and both times happened this past year.
3.Probably won't color my hair again until I am going gray.
4.Don't have to clean my house spotless, but I do need the kitchen clean so I don't feel like the house is a total wreck.
5.I ate too much steak when I was little and didn't eat steak again until I met Adam.
6.Adam and I met at a singles dance.
7.I almost burned dinner making this list
8.Adam was my first kiss.
9.No matter what any of you say, I have the cutest kids
10.Didn't like to drive and only got my license because my mom said that I had to have my license before my sister turned 18.
11.Ran track and won 1st place in the 300m hurdles at the city meet my 9th grade year and won other awards and medals in the next couple of years.
12.My freshman volleyball team hated me because I had a 1% accuracy in serving and always made them run because I would always miss the serve.
13.My JV volleyball team hated me because I figured out how to serve and had a 95% accuracy. I think it was because I kissed the ball before I served. What ever works right?
14.I live in a house in Logan, UT
15.My favorite color is purple.
16.Didn't go to college but am now wishing that I did and hope to someday earn a bachelors.
17.Want to visit Europe someday. I think the closest I will get is going to Vegas.
18.Gained 50 lbs. since I have been married.
19.On Sundays, before I had kids, I couldn't stay awake past 2pm. I always needed a nap, and still do, but they aren't as productive.
20.Collect porcelain dolls and Precious Moments.
21.I love to go camping even with the kids.
22.I had never shot a gun (except for a mussel loader) until I met Adam.
23.Adam took me shooting on our first date.
24.I love zofran (anti-nausea meds)
25.Love to go shopping.
26.Hate to try and find clothes that fit right.
27.I babysit 2 kids right now and then I take them to school which is just 2 houses away.
28.I've sewn many things including my homecoming dress and Bethany's blessing dress.
29.I like to pretend that I am crafty
30.I like to try new recipes if I know that my family will eat it.
31.In 4th grade I told a boy that I liked him and then later he sat right behind me my freshman year. I was pretty embarrassed.
32.I am so used to my children waking up at night that my dreams often include them crying, but it is really them crying. I should probably work on that.
33.I am the most productive after the kids go to bed.
34.I love to just sit back and watch my husband play with the kids. It always makes me smile.
35.I love to play the flute, and have recently played a solo for my institute class. VERY SCARY! I don't like solos.
36.I love to play the piano, but according to Douglas I should keep my day job.
37.I will own a piano one day, but that day isn't today, or tomorrow...
38.I am working on being more patient with my children.
39.I love to watch Alton Brown on the food channel.
40.I want to win the HGTV 2007 dream home in CO.
41.I miss being able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Stapley's house to do "goofy gifts"
42.Love living in Logan UT because the mountains are 5 min away.
43.Once had an ostrich do a mating dance at me.
44.Wish I could have a better memory and did better at writing in my journal.
45.For Christmas 2003, I set up the Christmas tree in an extra bedroom so Bethany wouldn't destroy it and so it could be seen from the street.
46.I forgot about the tree and didn't take it down until March 2003.
47.I don't have to wear makeup every second of every day.
48.I like to run, but I don't think I have ever been able to run a mile without walking.
49.My track team hated me because my slow was their fast when it came to doing the workouts.
50.I don't have pierced ears.
Holy Cow, this is a lot harder than you guys made it look.
51.I have never been to Disneyland.
52.I want to go to Disneyland.
53.I'm interested in real estate and one day will buy a fixer and flip it.
54.Only like to cook if I know everyone is going to like it.
55.I used to love watching Starting Over, but it is no longer on. Bummer!
56.Adam wonders why I do all the laundry once a week. There is no reason to do something I hate doing every day of the week.
57.I took 2 years of sign language and have forgotten almost all of it.
58.I love to play games, but not video games, with the exception of Star wars Battlefront.
59.I wish Tom and Megan lived across from us again.
60.I am very competitive and try to loose with grace, but sometimes that doesn't happen.
61.I peed my pants when I started laughing while getting a drink.
62.It was 1am and had been holding it for hours before that.
63.I was playing Monopoly with Adam, Douglas, and Layne (Adam's brother) and wouldn't leave my loot with the boys.
64.Started band in 4th grade instead of 5th.
65.One summer I would catch flies and keep them until they died...and then catch some more.
66.The first time I watch Phantom of the Opera was when it went to the theatres.
67.I love watching Phantom of the Opera with my daughter. She tries to sing every word.
68.Someone else in our Queen Creek ward is going to name their son Colten Banner (add your own last name, which is Colten's name.
69.They chose Colten for the same reason, but Banner was for a different reason.
70.I delivered Colten without any anesthesia.
71.I graduated with almost 900 people
72.One time I imagined that I was the best artist and thought that I could draw the tree in our front yard. When I tried to draw it, it wasn't what I imagined it to be.
73.One of my bags got lost on the way to girls camp that had a lot of borrowed stuff, like Tom's knives. Sorry Tom.
74.Because my siblings and I fought all the time, I used to want only 2 children.
75.I think 5 children will be enough for me.
76.I just cut my hair 2 days ago. Now it goes to just above my shoulders.
77.I can't count. I almost labeled this one 78.
78.I love to cuddle with my children then they are sleeping. Any other time they are too wiggly and elbow me more that I would ever desire.
79.In high school I wanted to own a Toyota Corolla. Well I got a Corolla after I got married and some idiot guy had to T-bone my husband on his way to work.
80.My heart jumps into my throat every time I get a phone call early in the morning. I'm afraid it is someone calling to tell me about another car accident.
81.I love to listen to my husband talk about the past with his old buddies.
82.I had a boring childhood.
83.I remember sneaking to the Circle K to get sodas or something when mom was at work and hope we didn't get caught.
84.Had a secret crush on a few of my guy friends, but never pursued anything because then it wouldn't be fun to hang with the guys.
85.Love to call and talk to my sisters and sister-in-laws about anything.
86.I will never own a 4 door car again. Too many accidents have happened in our little family.
87. My toothbrush is purple.
88.I like to eat any kind of chocolate, but not solid chocolate unless that is all that is available.
89.I have never had a cavity.
90.I love to be made over.
91.I have only been to a salon to have a pedicure/manicure one time.
92.I loved the time that Sharen and I went camping with 2 other girl cousins, my grandpa and uncle and came across a snake that we named Barney for some reason. I don't even remember why.
93.My wedding dress was homemade, but not by me.
94.I worry that Adam will have to get hip replacements when he is 40.
95.Bethany thinks that I can magically cut her hair long.
96.I used to love watching Phantasm II (a scary movie), but I hated what it did to my imagination after the lights went out.
97.I cry when I listen to my daughter sing. She is growing up too fast. (Dang it, I started crying.)
98.I hate public speaking.
99.I want my children to know my testimony so one day I will get the guts to bear my testimony at the pulpit.
100.I went on my first roller coaster last summer.
That took me almost 4 hours. Wow, I'm such a dork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you did a list, it was so much fun to read and you had me laughing several times. There are so many things you don't really know about people, and that they don't really tell you, so the list was a great idea, whoever originated it! And I also think you should feel blessed to have had a boring childhood, sometimes the non-boring ones aren't so good. :O) And I also wish that Tom and I lived across the sidewalk from you. Although you'd probably prefer us to not own a poodle the next time around. Tom was terrible at picking up Oriana's crap, and I was pregnant and refused!! I know we made you nauseous on more than one occasion with that, sorry!
I don't remember ever throwing up because of the crap, I just remember throwing up in the crap. I'm not worried about the poodle, I'm worried about the snake.
Post a Comment