Friday, March 11, 2011

Come what may!!

This last year and a half has been full of ups and downs.  Survival and living.  Excitements and disappointments.  But isn't that what life is about.  For some reason I just have not had the desire to blog.  It has seemed inconvenient, but really I didn't want to share the disappointments, the downs and the survival the consumed most of the last 18 months.  It is hard to have a husband who works nights all the time.  We are super grateful for the job, but working nights is not good for a young family...heck for anyone.  I have been absent for so long that I don't expect anyone to be reading this, but these are my thought and that doesn't even matter right now.

This month we learned that we are expecting #4.  The new addition will arrive sometime in October.  We are thrilled.  We were a little surprised.  We were starting to get used to the idea of being a 5 person family, but we know that the timing is right.  It would have been nearly impossible for me to handle a pregnancy on top of the night shift.  The kids have already been giving my somewhat normal sized belly a hug.  I am only 7 1/2 weeks so there really isn't much to hug.  Just left over flab from previous pregnancy.  In fact before the kids even knew that I was pregnant they were discussing if our next baby would be a boy or a girl.  They decided it should be boy so that Colten could have another brother.  In about 12 weeks we will find out.  It has never mattered to me, I just want the little peanut to be healthy. 

Bethany is turning 8 tomorrow.  When I realized at another Baptism that Bethany was turning eight in less than a year I could not contain myself.  So imagine how I am feeling now.  My emotions are already unstable because of the pregnancy so add that my little baby girl (who isn't so little anymore) is getting baptized.  Whew!  Who knew it would be so hard. 

In the last 1 1/2 years Emma has turned 2 and 3.  Colten has turned 4 and 5.  Bethany has turned 7 and tomorrow it will be 8.  Time flies by so fast.  It is hard to keep up with everyone growing.  Emma is potty trained and Colten can hardly wait for school to start.  He got his shots so he can start kindergarten and he asked if he could start tomorrow.  Of course he can't because it's March, but the poor guy has been waiting since October and he has to wait still another 5 months. 

To keep this post from getting to long I'm going to end, but know that we have been blessed.  Even though it has been hard it has only make us all stronger and now the sort of hard things are a piece of cake. 

6 comments:

awdodge said...

I am so happy that you blogged. It was nice to hear. I think we are all getting opportunities to get stronger...thanks for sharing!

Carl and Amber said...

Congrats on #4!! I hear ya on not feeling like you can handle anymore, but then the Lord always finds a way to sustain and bless us. And really, I'm scared to not walk the path of life that the Lord has designed for me.

moi said...

SOOO good to hear from you. Thanks for that comment a few months ago on my blog, too. Tons of things have changed in the last year and a half, but one thing hasn't. You are still a great friend and example to me, and I miss you. Happy Baptism, Bethany!

Amy said...

Congrats! My oldest is 8 this year, as well. It seems huge and impossible that the years have flown so quickly!

Nettie said...

I have been waiting for a post for FOREVER! I love this one! And I only had to wait a year. I love the real-life stuff. My blog is mostly down-stuff, because that's how I sort through it. I also want to see the evidence of how life changes and evolves and "resolves" over the years. You're one of 7 people that are even allowed to view mine. Love you, Susan. I love your family and miss you. Happy Birthday to my Bethany. Tell her for me please. I wish so much that i had put something in the mail. I think I will -- just a little late.

Amanda and Nathan Dobbins said...

I am so glad you posted!!! I love hearing about your growing family. I went through a period were I didn't post much either and I'm still going through it in someways. I hope you know how much people care about you and your family (even the ones you don't hear from for 9 years ;))