November was filled with the normal stuff until the end. Thanksgiving was at the end of November. Duh! Well we are lucky enough to have friends that invited us over for Thanksgiving. It was fun and perfect. We cooked and ate and sat around talking, trying to not fall into a turkey induced coma. The food was delicious and I will get the stuffing and sweet potato recipe. Those were my families favorites on top of the marshmallow fruit salad. We all took a turn going out to feed the animals until it got to cold and dark. Thanksgiving is never the same with out family, but this was a close second. It's always good to feel loved by others.
The other mom and I also planned our Black Friday shopping. Living far away from shopping means you have to get up at 2:30am so you can be at the first store by 5am. By about 10:30 we could tell that we were fading fast and needed something to eat. So we stopped at TGIFridays (which I haven't had since I was pregnant with Emma, yum) and waited until they opened at 11am. I know that is a long time, but every where else was packed and we would have had to wait any ways. After that we hit 1 more store and then headed home because the food energy only lasted a short time so we need to start heading home before we were beyond sleepy. I don't think I remember much about the ride home. I know. We are crazy. But it was so much fun. 95% of Christmas was bought on Black Friday. And it is so nice to walk around the stores now and see how much I saved.
We had a great Holiday and I hope everyone else did to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment