Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving in AZ

We decided at the last minute to go to AZ for Thanksgiving and surprise everyone. It was fun to see everyone and the kids definitely got to run out any cooped up energy that has been stored up for months. We were there for 2 days and the kids played outside the entire time even when it was freezing cold first thing in the mornings. The food was good, but even better was the company. It actually felt like Thanksgiving instead of a large meal and a normal rest of the day. There really isn't anyone here that are without family so we would just be alone with too much food. Did I say it was a lot of fun.

On Friday Adam and I set out on a mission to find a specific item that is only at ToysRUs (We don't have one in Logan), but scratched that plan when at noon we drove past the store and there was still a line to get into the store. We tried Target and the lines in the store was ridiculous and unorganized, so we left our cart in line and left the store. Then we went to a couple of our other favorite AZ valley store that they don't have in Logan like Sportsman's and Frys Electronics. The Sportman's experience was just fine, but Frys Electronics that is a whole other story.

We wandered and was really only window shopping, but found some really great deals if you turn in the rebates (which we do), basically these items were free after the rebates. Can't beat that, but when we went to check out we were showed were the back of the line was and it wasn't worth it. If you have ever been in this store you will understand when I say that the line was clear back by the appliances winding through various isles and the person at the end had a bundle of balloons so that there was no mistake as to who is at the end. One of the workers told us that the wait was 2 1/2 hours, which really means 3-4 hours. That is just crazy, and others coming into the store as we were leaving without merchandise agreed with us. Nothing is worth buying if you have to wait 2 1/2 hours for it.

On the way home we went to TGIFridays, which we don't have in Logan, and it was so yummy and the service was great. It has been so long since we had experience great service where I didn't have to ask for a refill or more napkins or anything at all. The refill was there before I needed it and my food was still warm when I got it. OK so maybe that is because I didn't have to get kids set up and happy before I could eat my food, but still, it was so nice to have great service.

It is nice to be home, but Bethany wishes we have come home to a new house with a fire place and big stairs. (We have two short stretches instead of one long stretch) She is also getting used again to the boring everyday normal stuff again. She really liked having cousin and uncles to play with without stopping except for the required meal or two. Colten also had a great time playing in the sandbox at Grandma Chambers' house and with Grandma Bourgeous' dogs especially the one that play fetch with the tennis ball. How the kids ran and played all day long, but would still last until 11pm or later, without naps, is beyond me. I was exhausted.

Now that I have totally taken all of your time I will end this post. I will post a few pictures later when I can remember where the camera was put after we got home.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. When Tom talked to your mom this week he heard that you guys went down for Thanksgiving and he said that he was homesick. For the first time, since our entire marriage, he said that! I was shocked. You know Tom, he doesn't get homesick!

Mandi said...

Sounds like fun. I can't imagine being away from family for a big holiday because we've always lived here with both our families. I'm glad you were able to come for a few days. We didn't even bother going out on Friday, knowing how insane it is, but there's always that hope that you'll get that "special thing." I guess only those who get up at 3 or 4 in the morning get it. I like my sleep too much though.

Amy said...

Susan! I stopped checking your blog so often because you never post - Ha! I know this has everything to do with pregnancy, of course. How fun for you guys to make that trip last minute. Being with family on the holidays is definitely the best. But the normal routine is often hard to return to after the fun, fun, fun!

And I just read Megs' comment about Tom saying he was homesick. So sweet...

Susan said...

Megan, that is why we went. I was feeling pretty home sick and I was starting to feel like I was missing everything. Elizabeth having her baby, Kevin having his baby. I had never even met Preston. I still haven't seen Kevin's baby, but that isn't my fault they went to New Mexico. Oh well, I got to see most of the family and that was the point.

moi said...

Susan, I haven't had much time to talk to you in a while, so it's great you have a blog so I can get the inside scoop! How are you feeling?

we have a blog finally.
http://studlysteadmans.blogspot.com