Saturday, August 25, 2007

Prego!!

No, I'm not talking about the spaghetti sauce. I'm talking about pregnancy. Being pregnant had put my brain on hold with a little corner of things that happened in July that really needed to be posted about. For some odd reason, I just haven't been able to post anything worth while. I've been stuck in reading mode, which has been fun, but really I have been in the ultimate blah. I chatted with Megan on the phone and I promised her that I would post something, I will post about the events of July. This really is just a journal type entry so if you really aren't interested, stop reading now.

The month started with my parents coming for a visit. I think this is the farthest North in the United stated that my Mom has been. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Last year my brother was here and saw the wonderful July 3rd fireworks show and my parents wanted to check it out. I don't think they were disappointed. We also spent a little while at Bear Lake. That trip was cut short because I didn't have any little swimmers. How often to your kids even poop while they are playing in water. They are too distracted. Well, Colten wasn't distracted enough so we had to go and take care of a lot of a mess. Good thing I'm the Mom and had the privilege to clean it up. (Did I mention I was starting to feel nausea from my pregnancy by this point?) We also did some site seeing in Logan and then on their last day in UT we went to Temple Square and visited some places there. We didn't stay very long because I think is was the hottest place on the planet on the day we went. It was still fun to see my parents, but maybe next time they can come in the spring or fall. Oh, and Megan and Tom, sorry we couldn't figure out a time to meet and do lunch while you were in UT.

The next week Adam's brothers came for a week visit. They needed to return Adam's truck. Spencer just got home from his mission and needed some wheels to find a job and just to get around. You can't ride the bus from Queen Creek to town, but you can ride in Logan for free, so it was the only logical short term option (that lasted a few months). The boys had lots of fun fishing, going to the Demo Derby, and then to Lagoon before heading back to AZ. This kids still ask me when are they going to come back and play. I like it when they are here. We have free babysitters and can actually go on a date.

In the middle of that visit Adam's cousin Kyle and his family came for a one night visit since they were in UT visiting some other family. Bethany really enjoyed that because he had a daughter about Bethany's age, so they had a "sleepover" on Bethany's floor complete with sleeping bags and princess pillows.

Once everyone was gone life went back to some what normal, only now I am pregnant with no energy to clean up the air mattress and extra blankets and pillows that still litter the extra bedroom. The dishes get cleaned when the sippy cups, or plates or cups are all dirty. The floor is swept when I can't stand to step on another piece of dried food. And laundry is folded when I don't want to go up and down the stairs just to get clothes first thing in the morning. The house gets cleaned on an I-can't-stand-it-anymore basis, but it gets cleaned and that is all that matters...RIGHT? Hey the kids aren't starving and they have clean clothes on and I guess really that is all that matters.

The line that has most been said this last month and a half is "Mom's throwing up again!" and that makes me laugh after I'm done throwing up. I thing Bethany get a kick out of saying it and sometimes she says it when I'm not...you know...just so someone will laugh.

I just realized how long this post is so I will end it by wishing you all a GREAT day!!! If you got this far, you deserve to have a great day.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so glad you wrote!
I hope the pregnancy sickness does not last through your entire pregnancy, but like you said on the phone, it is a great weight loss plan! And I totally understand the basis of doing things on the need to level, with laundry, dishes, and everything else. I'm lucky that Tom is so helpful when he's around, or we'd be in a pig pen by now!

Cozzette said...

I'm sorry you have morning sickness :( I wouldn't worry about the housework it will be there when your ready to tackle it. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nettie said...

Susan, Susan, Susan! I didn't know you had a blog!!! I am so glad you commented about it on my site. I am going to put the kids to bed tonight, surround myself with snacks and read everything ever written! I love you so stinkin' much. Hey, my kids have a break at the end of this month, beginning of next. Should we try our hand at photo's of the kids, or do you want to wait until your new little one arrives. I'm so glad you have this blog

Mandi said...

Ugh - I'm feeling that tired feeling too! My housekeeping skills have definitely been lacking lately. I hope you start feeling better. I've been queasy, but no throwing up thank goodness. When is your due date?