Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm Back

I know it has been a while since I have posted. It has definitely been a crazy month. First we started with getting tubes in Colten's ears. Then we had to go back to the ped. to follow up to make sure Bethany's ear infection had gotten better. Then we spent the next couple of days trying to decide if we were going to go to AZ. (Adam's brother was coming home from his mission) We spent 6 1/2 day there, including driving, and now we are finally home to get back in the swing of things. Oh did I forget the post-op appt. that lasted 2 hours. 1 1/2 hours of waiting and 15 min of the doc basically having to do surgery again on Colten's right ear...in the office...without anesthesia...with two nurses and me holding him down...and the most worried face on the sweetest 3, almost 4, year old who watch it all...all because blood had clotted inside the tube. Don't worry, or at least I was told not to worry, there was no pain involved, but I do wish that I had not taken Bethany to that appt. To make a long month short, lets just say that ear infections have definitely been the theme of the month. Now we get to start on the teeth. While in AZ Colten hit his mouth on something while he was outside and made his tooth bleed and it is causing him a lot of pain. Megan, I thing right now I will take throwing up if it means that it will only last 1 day. Lets hope for a good month and I can't wait until Spring. Hopefully it means the kids will be healthy.

Sorry for the vent.

So I saw that Megan tagged me while I was in AZ. I have been thinking about it, and it has been hard to come up with 6 new things. All of the things that Megan had are things that make me happy and I didn't want to be lame and copy so here are 6 more things that may or may not make me more happy.

1. My family makes me happy. I love watching them play with each other. Sometimes while I'm watching them I think to myself that I should probably interact and play with them, and sometimes don't because I just love to watch them.

2. Being out in nature makes me happy. Not the sitting on the back porch kind of nature, but fishing on a river or camping in the mountains kind of nature. I am lucking enough to have both of these just minutes away.

3. Knowing that there is a light at the end of the college tunnel makes me happy. Being able to sit and dream with Adam what things will be like in a couple of years and where we think a job might take up is just fun and makes me excited.

4. Everything that Megan said.

5. Surprises make me happy. They almost even make me giddy. I love just walking into a room and finding that it has been cleaned without my knowledge or breakfast gets brought to me in bed. You know that kind of thing.

6. Teaching my children things. I love watching them learn and get things or start singing a song without cues.

7. Knowing that the last 10 episodes of Stargate start on April 13th. Actually that kind of makes me sad. I like watching Stargate with Adam. Although I might not be able to remember what the heck was going on before the way to long break...Adam does and that just makes me laugh.

Now I tag Cozzette and Mandi. Mandi it is time for you to start a blog. Our girls are the same age and I have totally lost track of how you guys are doing.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad you're back, it was fun to read your list. And I agree with you, I'll take the puking any day over all the ear infections and surgery. Hope you guys had a fun trip to the valley as well. That must have been fun to see family.

Susan said...

It was fun to see family. The trip was just the right length and it was nice to be back home. It was weird that the closer we got to Logan the more it felt like we were close to home. We didn't think that that could happen, but it is where we need to be right now.

Cozzette said...

So glad to see your back. I missed ya! Sounds like you have had quite the catastrophe. Life is never boring when you have kids. They keep you occupied don't they? I enjoyed your 6 happy things. I see that I got tagged and I will get on it asap.