
The thing that I hate about this time of year is everyone gets sick. Colten has had a cough since about August. Adam and I have passed the flu back and forth to each other for the past month or two and up until now Bethany hasn't been sick. Today Bethany slept a little later than she normally does and was acting like she needed to sleep longer. Then she didn't want to finish her fruit loops when she usually want two bowls. Now she had diarreah (sp?) and only wants to eat toast. She doesn't even want chocolate milk and that is her favorite thing in the world. And to top it all off she took a nap. She never takes naps unless there is definately something wrong or we are driving in the car. Why could she have gotten sick after Christmas. Last year we spent Christmas sick and I really would rather not do it again. Oh, I hope she gets better soon. I don't think Colten's cough will go away any time soon because I think that it is teething related and it takes for ever for one tooth to finally cut through so he ends up being in agony for a month over one tooth. Why can't babies be born with teeth. It would make things so much easier. I'm sorry for venting, I'm just tired of the sleepless night and the 1/2 hour naps (shortened from 1 hour naps) unless I am holding Colten. I go to bed late so I can catch up on all the things that I couldn't get done in the day because of crancky children that follow me around crying. On the other hand I am greatful for my children and am luck to be their mother. They are so sweet and have the funniest dispositions. They are loving and sweet and give the best sloppy kisses. They like to learn new things and they like to teach each other new things. They are very curious and like to explore. They are the best cuddle bugs and love to cuddle as long as there isn't something more fun to do. So I guess what I am trying to say that even though being a mother is hard, but it doesn't out weigh the good.
P.S. This picture was taken last Christmas. Usually I am the one taking the picture of the kids and this one is a perfect example of loving to cuddle.
4 comments:
It's hard to see your kids sick, but the trade-off is good cuddle time. And think of how quiet your house must be! But that wouldn't be a plus at Christmas when you want to see them running about filled with excitement & chatter.
I hope they feel better soon Susan! You still have a few days to mend.
That is such a cute picture!!
I know how you feel, it sucks having sick kids. But it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that seems to blog and vent at the same time!
And your comment about why can't babies be born with teeth? Now as a breastfeeding mother you shouldn't ask for such torture!
But if they are born with teeth then they know from the beginning that they will get flicked if they bite. By babies never bit until they started teething so if they are born with teeth then they don't have to teeth. If that makes any sence.
AWWW! That picture is priceless. When my kids are sick they are so sweet and just want their mommy but on the other hand it sucks because they are in pain and have bodily fluids coming out everywhere(sometimes depending on the illness). Lex and Cale have been coughing and have had runny nose the past couple of days but they are shaking it off pretty good.
Airborne works really well.Elias and I took it as soon as we felt something coming on and so far so good.Hope ya all feel better soon.
Post a Comment